Tuesday, October 20, 2009

1 month

Well the wedding has come and gone and real life has commenced. Granted sometimes I still can't believe this is my life (in a good way). Married life has been everything I expected and more


When we got back from our honeymoon in Seattle I was a full time house wife since David worked and I didn't. Thankfully that has changed, I like taking care of the house and everything but being alone all day was not fun especially considering the time my husband gets home from work (7-8pm). The reason why it changed was my former employer called me back for the rest of the year so I'm employed through December 31st. It's not long but a little is better than none in this economy.

Another good thing is my husband likes my cooking :) I am making spaghetti sauce from scratch for dinner tonight and hopefully will have enough to freeze for later.

Now that I'm working my dinners have become less extravagant and more of put in pot and heat till warm but we have discovered E-meals.com it's a service that for $5/month will send you 5 or 7 day dinner menus with recipes and shopping lists for the meals. We went and got the groceries for our first week today so we'll see how it goes next week. The nice thing is that it doesn't repeat recipes often unless they have become a favorite by the subscribers. Also the budget for each is week is around $40, which is awesome when on a budget. We'll see how we like the meals next week and how easy they are to fix.

Now time to go check on the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment